For Women By Women
Rosanne Mayhew, MD
Aesthetic Specialist & Gynecologist located in San Francisco Bay Area, Los Gatos, CA
Dr. Rosanne Mayhew, a board certified OB/GYN offers a full array of vaginal rejuvenation services for patients at For Women By Women, located in Los Gatos, California. Her vaginal rejuvenation procedures have improved the appearance, muscle tone, and vaginal function for women throughout the Silicon Valley and greater San Francisco Bay area.
What is vaginal rejuvenation?
Vaginal rejuvenation involves surgical and minimally-invasive laser treatments performed to improve the function and/or appearance of the vagina and labia. The muscles in the vagina can become weak and stretched as a result of vaginal childbirth or hormonal changes that occur with menopause. Weakened and loose vaginal muscles and thinning vaginal walls can decrease sexual satisfaction, make intercourse painful, and cause incontinence. Vaginal rejuvenation procedures or surgery can considerably improve the quality of a woman’s sexual life, as well as, improve confidence in her appearance.
What types of vaginal rejuvenation procedures does Dr. Mayhew offer?
An accomplished surgeon and OB/GYN with three decades of experience, Dr. Mayhew is skilled in performing a wide-range of vaginal rejuvenation procedures, including:
- Vaginoplasty. A surgical procedure sometimes called a “Mommy Makeover” that restores tightness to the tissue of the vaginal canal that has stretched out or become loose, usually as a result of childbirth, menopause or excessive weight loss. Often vaginoplasty is performed at the same time as other cosmetic vaginal procedures, such as a labiaplasty or perineoplasty surgery (see below). Patients go home the same day after recovering from the anesthetic.
- Labiaplasty is a procedure in which the labia minor (inner labia) and/or labia majora (outer labia) is surgically reduced and/or reshaped. The procedure is most often performed for cosmetic reasons.
- Perineoplasty, which is the surgical repair of the tissue of the perinea, located between the vagina and rectum. It entails rebuilding and tightening the muscles under the lower vagina, narrowing the entrance of the vagina, which can improve satisfaction with sexual intercourse.
- Clitoral Hood Repair, is a short, surgical procedure where Dr. Mayhew reduces or corrects some of the skin surrounding the clitoris. Clitoral hood reconstruction can result in greater sensation to the area as well as greater orgasms.
- FemiLift, a laser procedure that stimulates new collagen and increases blood flow to promote tissue healing.
In addition, Dr. Mayhew performs hymen repairs, repairs of pelvic support structures and hernias (yes women get them too).
What results can be expected with vaginal rejuvenation?
The results of more invasive vaginoplasty or labiaplasty are noticeable following recovery, which takes several weeks. The MonaLisa procedure does not require downtime, and women can immediately resume their normal activities but should abstain from sexual activity until the doctor gives permission to resume intercourse. The MonaLisa Touch procedure may need to be repeated several times (usually 3 treatments performed 2 to 4 weeks apart) for optimum benefits. Dr. Mayhew’s patients are extremely satisfied with the appearance and tone of their vaginas after treatment. They report improved responsiveness and more fulfilling sex lives.
Words from our patients
"She is responsibly trying to do her part to make her patients more aware and healthy."
"She is always researching new treatments and dietary supplements and considers each patient as an individual. I would highly recommend her..."